Wednesday 16 October 2013

Chick Lit turns Chick Flick

CHICK LIT TURNS CHICK FLICK





With the new release of the final Bridget Jones instalment by Helen Fielding hitting shelves last week (Which I literally cannot wait to read) and all the talk about the famous Mr Christian Grey due to appear on the big screen soon, what better way to start my blog than to chat about my favourite Chick lits turned Chick flicks.

I enjoy watching a good girly film just as much as I do reading. News of a fabulous book being transformed to the big screen to me is very exciting, bringing the characters to life and seeing how other people portray them...I love it. Will the characters on the screen be the same as the ones in my head...hmm?? I'm not going to lie, I do always expect to be let down, how often does the film do the book justice? Making large changes to the plot or adapting the ending the majority of the time is a huge let down. This being said there has still been some very enjoyable ones which have been huge hits.

Here are my top 10 (in no particular order) , if you haven't read and watched these then just click on my amazon link and get to it!

1. The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger
2. The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks 
3. Bridget Jones' Diary - Helen Fielding
4. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
5. Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella
6. In Her Shoes - Jennifer Weiner
7. PS I love you - Cecelia Ahern
8. I Don't know how she does it - Allison Pearson
9. Sex and the City - Candace Bushnell
10. Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin

What are your favourite Chick lits turned Chick flicks??



No comments:

Post a Comment