Saturday 14 December 2013

Author Special.......Lynn Marie Hulsman


 

Today a huge welcome and big Thank You goes to Lynn Marie Hulsman author of Christmas at Thornton Hall for joining me at the Novel Cafe. Lynn tells us how her dream has come true by becoming a published author with HarperImpulse.

Finding My Tribe

A few short weeks ago, I realized a lifelong dream when I attended the Bedford Festival of Romance and was announced as a HarperImpulse author in a roomful of my fellow readers, friends, and some of my heroes. As a lover of Chick Lit, and a dyed-in-the-wool Anglophile, I found it hard to believe that such a moment that I'd hardly dared to visualize had come to full fruition.

As I’m lucky enough to be published by HarperImpulse, I enjoyed extra-special treatment because they are so good to their authors. Despite how busy they are, having acquired more than 50 authors since they launched earlier this year, the busy team made creating the gorgeous cover of my book, Christmas at Thornton Hall, a hot priority. My editor, Charlotte Ledger, and the brilliant techno/marketing genius Katie Sadler surprised me by revealing it on a huge screen during a well-attended panel talk.

I was filled with emotion, and so grateful for the support of my publishers and for the kind wishes of the many authors who remembered what it felt like to launch their first books.

That moment was the proud moment to cap off many proud moments I’ve experienced on the road to publishing this, my first book. I was proud when I had 30,000 words on a page. I felt like I was doing it. I was proud when I hit “The End.” I’d written a whole book! I was proud when I took my first (and then second, then third…) round of edits wearing my “big-girl blouse.” I was acting like a real writer. I was proud when my editor acquired me. I was an author with HarperCollins.

As they say, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Right now, I’m proud of all of the connections I've’ve made with other amazing authors who’who've had unique and interesting journeys of their own, and with bloggers, readers, and fans who share my passion for romance writing. I have found my tribe, and they’ve adopted me as one of their own.

DONT MISS CHRISTMAS AT THORNTON HALL!






No comments:

Post a Comment