Sunday 3 November 2013

Meet...Paige Toon

The Novel Cafe welcomes.....Paige Toon


Today amazing author Paige Toon has joined me at The Novel Café to
answer a few questions. Author of 8 truly brilliant stories and 3 coming soon I
am so delighted that Paige has taken the time to speak to
us, so thank you Paige!



1. Have you always wanted to be an author?

Ever since I can remember. I've always written stories, poems, songs, ever since I was a little girl. I wanted to be an author pretty much as soon as I understood what one was!


2. Are you a big reader yourself?


If so what type of books do you like to read? I used to read all the time, then I got a book deal and I was worried that reading other peoples books - especially chick-lit - would scare me off writing. I had my first baby around the time my first book was published so I didn't have a lot of time for reading anyway - all my baby's nap times were spent with me writing Johnny Be Good. I read and loved the Twilight series during this time and now I love YA sci fi and dystopian novels, but recently I've been reading a lot of chick lit again and loving it.


3. Do you have a favourite author? If so a favourite book?


I've always loved Marian Keyes - the queen of chick lit! Her favourite book of mine would probably be The Other Side of the Story or The Brightest Star in the Sky.


4. What are you doing when you're not writing?


Being a mum. I spend all my time writing when my kids are at school and nursery, then all my time playing - or doing housework and other boring stuff - when they're not.


5. Your first book 'Lucy in the Sky' was absolutely fantastic. If it was transformed into film who would be your choices to act out the characters of Lucy, Nathan and Molly be?


I'm often asked this question and I find it really hard to answer. Maybe Isla Fisher for Lucy - at least she's an Aussie - and Liam Hemsworth for Nathan? He's a bit of alright... Not sure about Molly. Any suggestions?


6. The covers of your books are always so stunning, do you have much influence/say in these?


I wish I could say I did, but I usually make suggestions and Simon & Schuster blow my ideas out of the water. I love the cover designs so much - and I do suggest tweaks, but it's mostly S&S's handiwork!


7. Your next Novel 'Thirteen Weddings' is due out next year. Can you tell us a little about it?


It's about a wedding photographer called Bronte - you first heard of her in Pictures of Lily - and she falls in love with a groom. Dum dum dummm!


8. What was your main influence for this book?


I wish I could remember how I came up with this idea! I would be lost right now without the help of an absolutely lovely wedding photographer and all the readers who are currently emailing me inspiration to my Facebook page!


9.  Finally a few quick fire questions...


Book or Kindle? I have to say I'm a bit of a Kindle convert since getting one last year for Christmas - I've never read so much in my life!


Daniel Cleaver or Mark Darcy? I do love a bad boy, but I really wanted Bridget to end up with Mark.


Jacob or Edward? It was always Edward for me although I did really love Jacob too. In the movies, I have to say I was more for Jacob in the end, but that might have be down to Taylor Lautner's hot bod!

Click to Buy Paige's books today




COMING SOON:











No comments:

Post a Comment